Last update: 1 year ago
While cleaning isn’t to everyone’s taste, keeping your apartment tidy is essential. While at times overwhelming, a cleaning schedule can be just the thing you need.
No matter how much time you invest in taking care of your property, you still may find places where dust and dirt pile up because you forgot to clean them.
When you try to keep up with your professional life, taking care of your kids, running errands, cooking and trying to find time for you and your spouse, the cleaning goes to the bottom of the list.
The truth is, cleaning shouldn’t be something to frown upon when you have to do it. When you have a schedule, cleaning becomes a quick, daily to-do, that with time you will start doing without paying much attention to it.
Of course, hiring the pro’s to handle cleaning for you will free you of all that stress, allowing you more time to yourself. We chatted with our professional cleaners and made sure to create the ultimate apartment cleaning schedule for your convenience.
Daily cleaning schedule
- Wash the dishes (or place them/take them out of the dishwasher)
- Vacuum and mop the floor
- Wipe down shelves and countertops
- Wipe down the stove top, clean spills
- Throw out rubbish
- Declutter, tidy up pet and kids toys, documents, etc
- Clean coffee tables
- Fix and arrange sofa pillows
- Make your bed
- Put away clothes
- Declutter your nightstand
- Clean and disinfect the sink
Cleaning tasks for every two or three days
- Sweep and mop floor
- Tidy up and put away books, magazines, DVDs etc
- Clean appliances from the outside (fridge, oven, microwave, dishwasher, coffee machine)
- Clean and disinfect sink
- Clean and disinfect countertops
- Fold laundry and put away clothes
- Clean hair out of drains
- Scrub shower and bathtub
Weekly cleaning schedule
- Vacuum and mop all floors (don’t forget under the furniture)
- Wipe out all surfaces with a microfiber cloth and all-purpose cleaner – TVs, shelves, tables, lamps etc.
- Take out the trash in every room
- Clean the refrigerator and throw away expired or spoiled food
- Clean inside oven, microwave, coffee maker, toasters
- Clean dishwasher
- Wipe shelves, cabinets and drawers
- Clean the faucets,shower head and shower track
- Change floor mat, rugs and wastebaskets
- Clean and disinfect toilet, plunger and toilet brush
- Wipe down cabinets and vanity stand
- Clean the mirrors
- Mop the floor
- Dust all surfaces in the bedroom – nightstands, mirror, dresses, lamps, decorations etc
- Change sheets and linens
- Clean the floor
Monthly cleaning schedule
- Steam clean carpets
- Replace air filters
- Dust walls and corners, remove cobwebs
- Clean remote controls
- Clean upholstery – couches and armchairs
- Clean windows and doors
- Clean door mats
- Dust the high surfaces, on top and behind the appliances
- Wash the kitchen cabinets and shelves inside and out
- Deep clean refrigerator, oven, microwave,dishwasher, coffeemaker, toasters
- Deep clean and disinfect the sink
- Dust off the blinds
- Clean tile grout to floor and walls
- Replace toothbrush heads
- Wash out all drawers and shelves inside and out
- Wash pillows, beddings, cushions and blankets
- Clean mattress
- Wipe down the vacuum cleaner, change bags if needed
- Clean trash cans
- Wash and air dry brooms and brushes
Once or twice a year cleaning schedule
- Clean out fireplace
- Wash out shoe shelves and cabinets
- Dust vest and ceiling fans
- Clean drapes and curtains
- Clean and organize pantry, throw away expired and old items
- Clean grease from exhaust hood
- Clean inside drawers and cabinets
- Throw out old cosmetics,medicines and other product
- Clean the clogs
- Sweep and wash porches and patios
- Clean the gutters
Tips to keep your house clean with less effort
Imperfection is OK
Some days you can’t do it all. And that’s OK. It’s fine to have some days when the kid’s toys are lying all around the floor, the pile of dirty clothes is stacking up, or the dirty dishes are still in the sink.
Finding some time to relax with your loved ones after a long stressful day at work is beneficial for you physically and emotionally. Leave everything for tomorrow. Nobody will judge you for it.
Prioritize and combine chores
When you only have a small amount of time to clean, it’s best to prioritize. Pick things you use more often and can get dirty really fast. When vacuuming the kitchen floor, don’t just stop there. Vacuum all rooms. The same goes for dusting surfaces.
It’ll take some extra time, but in the end, it’ll be easier not to have to take out the vacuum cleaner every single day for different rooms, and you’ll save time in the long run.
If it takes less than 5 minutes, clean it now!
Just finished your lunch? Clean your dishes instead of letting them pile up in the sink. Wipe out the bathroom tiles after you take your shower. Make your bed when getting up. Spilt something on the countertop? Wipe it away.
Taking care of these small things will ease up your cleaning schedule lately, and you won’t even notice you took care of them, as it only took you a couple of minutes.
Keep the cleaning supplies where you use them
Separate and store the cleaning supplies in the room you’re using them. This way, it’ll be more likely to find yourself cleaning the room, and you can take care of spills and spots as soon as they appear.
It’s probably not the best idea to keep cleaning supplies in your bedroom, though. But you can separate the supplies between your kitchen and bathroom.
Clean from top to bottom
Be smart when cleaning to save some time during the process. Start from the top and work your way down to the bottom. This way, the dust won’t fall on your freshly cleaned floor. Start from the top of your highest shelves, then clean counters, desks and tables and leave the floor for the end.
Hire a professional cleaner
People today have more responsibilities than just taking care of the household. You have career opportunities, businesses and goals you strive to achieve. Admitting to yourself you can’t do it all every day is normal. Hiring a professional cleaner doesn’t mean you are lazy.
Everyone needs a little help from time to time. It means that you value your time and health. If you struggle to find time to clean the house because of deadlines or a dream trip, hire a housekeeping service and keep your mind sane.
Keeping your house clean and fresh doesn’t have to be overwhelming. Print out the apartment cleaning schedule we created, put it on your fridge and become more productive with your cleaning processes.
Do you need a helping hand?
Hire a professional cleaning team!